Saturday, November 10, 2007

Veteran's Day Parade

We all went to the Veteran's Day Parade in downtown Longmont this morning. We hadn't planned on going, but had an hour to waste while one of our cars got an oil change so we figured that would be a good way to spend it. Anyway, since we didn't plan on going I didn't bring the camera so I don't have any pictures to share but the boys were ADORABLE! Connor sat on the curb with some boys around his age and quickly made friends. Logan finished his bagel from the super busy Winchell's Donuts and then joined the other boys on the curb. He got the idea that he was supposed to stay on the curb and that they were going to watch something so he decided to get comfortable - he laid down on his tummy and hung out with the boys for a while :) When that got boring he went back to chewing on the tiny American flags someone was handing out - I'm pretty sure drooling is not specifically prohibited in the flag code, right?

We love parades anyway but this one has to be one of Connor's favorites - six high school bands (Lyons, Erie, Silver Creek, Niwot, Skyline, Longmont), lots of soldiers, big military trucks and lots and lots of motorcycles. The best part, though? The blackhawk helicopter flyover before the parade. It was awesome! Connor wanted it to land in the street :) Logan was fascinated by it all and was so tuckered out by all the excitement that he fell asleep within minutes of getting back in the car.

Turns out we had more than an hour to spare anyway as the odd chirping noise we asked them to look into was apparently caused by a faulty water pump and timing belt. Ugh. Well, at least we had fun at the parade :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki,
    Thanks for your comment! Do I dare say that the "all day sickness" is subsiding? I don't want to jinx myself... I am almost 12 weeks now (28 to go, but who is keeping track?). Abby, my 2 1/2 yr-old, does know she is going to be a sister. I'm not sure she really gets it, but I agree that my favorite part of this pregnancy is her kissing my belly and trying to "feed" the baby through my belly button! This is it for us too, so I really do want to enjoy this pregnancy -- hopefully, now that I feel better, I can!
    PS -- your boys are absolutely adorable!!
    Best, Kristen

    ReplyDelete