Saturday, July 07, 2007

7/7/07

Happy 7/7/07! Such perfect numbers...

Jeremy and I went to see Evan Almighty tonight. By ourselves. In a theater. Did I mention it was without kids? Really! It was a good movie - I love Steve Carell! It was the first time we'd been in a movie theater in over TWO years! The boys did great with their new sitter and we are hoping to make date night a more regular event!

Did any of you watch the Live Earth concerts on NBC tonight? I know I posted recently about global warming and am doing it again so you all must think I've turned into a real tree hugger. Well, we're not quite to full hugging stage yet (that SUV I drive everyday is hard to get my arms around) but perhaps we're holding hands - haha! Anyway, the music was great and the message was too. I went to their website and took the carbon emissions quiz and was shocked by the amount of carbon my own family contributes to the world each year - 13 TONS! The average in the US is 20 tons so I guess we're not doing too badly but 13 TONS is 26000 POUNDS of carbon. Yikes! Want to take the quiz for yourself? Visit http://www.earthlab.com/liveearth.

No comments:

Post a Comment