Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's officially Christmas and I'm still awake making sure that a certain little boy actually goes back to sleep. Yep, Santa arrived and then I discovered that Connor was awake. He hadn't actually come out of his room (thank goodness!) but I went to peek on them before going to bed and found him staring out the window "looking for Rudolph." Uh huh.

A few funny things that have happened in the last couple days...

- Connor is at the perfect Santa age - he totally believes - but he wants to know absolutely every detail about how he flies, where he lands, how he gets in the house, how he carries all the presents, how he talks to the elves if there's a problem, what flavor cookie is his favorite, why reindeer like carrots, etc, etc. The other night we had this conversation...

Connor: Mommy, does Santa give presents to policemen?

Me: I guess so. Well, as long as they're on the nice list, of course.

Connor: Oh. Well could we ask him not to give them any presents this year?

Me: Why would we do that?

Connor: Because if they didn't get any presents then they would want to find out why and they would set up their cameras and catch him like he was a bad guy. Can we set up a camera?

Me: No. We're not supposed to see Santa. I don't think he comes if you have a camera set up.

Connor: But we could hide it! We could put something on it so you couldn't tell it was a camera like the ones they have in stores. Maybe the policemen would let us borrow one.

Me: I don't think so. Santa is really smart. You know, he know's when you're sleeping and when you're awake so I'm sure he knows when you've installed a camera.

Connor: Oh. Well could I hide and jump out and take his picture when he comes?

Me: No! You have to be sleeping or he won't come.

Connor: Oh. Ok. Well I wish I could see him.

Me: I know...

:)

- For some reason Connor has taken to calling kleenex boxes "sneeze boxes" which just makes me laugh every time I hear it!

- We have a tradition of giving the kids new jammies on Christmas Eve. Tonight when the boys opened their new jammies Connor ripped into his package and had his out in no time. Logan held his until Connor was done and then, without even trying to rip the paper, took it to Jeremy and said "Scissors please." Apparently he didn't want to work for it! :)

- Two separate incidents have shown me that I am succesfully teaching my children about some of the greatest movies of all time. First, Connor and Logan were arguing over which movie to watch and I heard Logan screaming "Connor! Oompa Loompa! Oompa Loompa!" Second, Logan was pretending to spray Connor and I with water and Connor fell to the ground saying "I'm melting! I'm melting!" haha! However, they also quickly remind me that they're totally boys - on the way to Christmas Eve service tonight Connor blurted out "Hey Mom! I can burp my ABCs!" (a line from the animated movie Over the Hedge). Yeah, I think Christmas vacation has been a little too full of movies so far.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment