Friday, December 19, 2008

5 year appointment

10 days since my last post?!? No way! I'd better work on getting y'all caught up on our various activities! But...I'm sick. The boys are watching Dora, Jeremy's out seeing a movie with his friend Keith, and I'm being sick and lazy on the couch. :) So since I'm typing on a tiny keyboard so I can txt this blog post, it's going to be a short one!

Connor had his 5 year doctor's appointment yesterday! He weighs 40 lb 2 oz (50th percentile) and is exactly 44 inches tall (75th percentile). Everything looks good! She was happy to hear he hasn't had to use the nebulizer since September after he got out of the hospital. The worst part was, of course, the dreaded 5 year immunizations. Friends have relayed their own traumatic stories of screaming, crying, two nurses holding the child down, etc. so I was preparing myself mentally for a rough afternoon. It wasn't too bad though! Connor tried to hide under the desk but we coerced him back onto the table, laid him down, and I told him how much I love him and how proud I am to have a big 5 year old and she was done! The nurse was fast and there were no real tears just a littlw whimpering until he heard that he got to pick out a BIG prize from a special prize drawer for 5 year olds and then he was back to his usual jolly self! No more big shots until middle school now!

The funniest part of the whole appintment was actually as we were checking in. The receptionist asked us if it was snowing outside and Connor yelled "Yes! It's snowing BALLS!" As you might imagine that got a big laugh from everyone in ear shot! It really was snowing tiny bouncy balls of snow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment