Friday, April 11, 2008

Happy 50th anniversary to Crayola's box of 64 crayons!

The 64 count box of Crayola crayons is 50 years old! The anniversary box contains eight new colors chosen by 20,000 kids from across the country. What are the new colors, you ask? Awesome, Giving Tree, Famous, Fun in the Sun, Best Friends, Super Happy, Happy Ever After and Bear Hug. No, really. Those are the names of eight colors. Can you guess what normal color names they represent? Click here to check them out. I also took the Color Quiz and was certified a color genius - I eventually named all 64 colors but had 23 mistakes along the way - who knew there were colors like "macaroni and cheese" and "timber wolf"? I need to look at the color names more often.... :)

Fun fact from the Crayola website: "The most popular crayon color is blue, followed by red, violet, green, carnation pink, black, turquoise blue, blue green, periwinkle and magenta." My favorite is any shade of blue (I think the one I like best is called cornflower but it might be from the 120 box). Connor's current favorite color is purple. Logan likes whatever Connor is holding :) How about you?

I think we'll do some coloring this afternoon to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment