Thursday, February 07, 2008

You may call me Madame Chairwoman :)

Well, ok, you could have called me that for about an hour and a half on Tuesday night....not that anyone did. :) I was voted as our precinct's chairwoman for the caucus on Tuesday which really only meant that I had to organize the people who showed up from my precinct, make sure they got to vote for who they wanted, and then read out loud the twelve party resolutions for them to vote on. There were only 23 people from my precinct but there were hundreds of people in the room (I think there were 10 or 12 precincts there) so it was CRAZY! But FUN! The caucus leader said she was in that same room 4 years ago and there were only SIX people for all of the precincts so she was shocked to see it at standing room only. The whole thing was really disorganized but everyone was pretty patient and understanding. Before it all started one guy tried to get me to switch my vote so it was exciting to have some political discussion - I am so not a great debater but I think I held my own! We both walked away smiling and probably even more set on voting for our original choices, but it was a good exchange of information. It was the first time I've attended a caucus (and the first time for most of the people in my group) but I don't think it'll be my last! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment